GOLF AND SUGAR
Our lives are literally consumed by the effects of sugar, read the detrimental effects of sugar below. Step one is eliminate sugar in your diet. Day 1 and 2 I dropped 2 pounds and most importantly I FEEL BETTER. I know this will have a positive effect on my golf game. Tomorrow I’ll share with you what I’m eating, and what I feel are the best TPI exercises to get you on track for 2011.
More tomorrow read below!!
Detrimental Effects of Sugar
Increases the risk of just about every major disease:
- Sugar is an addictive substance.
- Sugar can suppress the immune system.
- Sugar contributes to a weakened defense against bacterial infection.
- Sugar can increase the risk of coronary heart disease.
- Sugar can cause cardiovascular disease.
- Sugar can increase blood platelet adhesiveness which increases risk of blood clots and strokes.
- Sugar can cause atherosclerosis.
- Cancer Feeds on sugar.
- Sugar can contribute to weight gain and obesity.
- Sugar can speed the aging process.
- Sugar can cause free radical formation.
- Sugar can contribute to diabetes.
- Sugar can cause a decrease in insulin sensitivity.
- Sugar can produce a significant rise in triglycerides.
- Sugar can increase total cholesterol.
- Sugar can reduce helpful high density cholesterol (HDLs).
- Sugar can promote an elevation of harmful cholesterol (LDLs).
- Sugar can cause hypertension.
- Sugar can cause hypoglycemia.
- Sugar can cause kidney damage.
- Sugar can upset the body’s mineral balance.
- Sugar interferes with absorption of calcium and magnesium.
- Sugar may lead to chromium deficiency.
- Sugar can cause copper deficiency.
- Sugar can promote tooth decay.
- Sugar can produce an acidic stomach.
- Sugar can raise adrenaline levels in children.
- Sugar can lead to periodontal disease.
- High intake of sugar increases the risk of Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
- Sugar leads to decreased glucose tolerance.
- Sugar can worsen the symptoms of children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- Sugar can increase systolic blood pressure.
- Sugar causes food allergies.
- Sugar can contribute to eczema in children.
- Sugar can overstress & damage the pancreas.
- Sugar can compromise the lining of the capillaries.
- Sugar can increase the amount of fat in the liver.
- Sugar can cause hormonal imbalance.
- Sugar greatly assists the uncontrolled growth of Candida Albicans (yeast infections).
- Sugar can exacerbate PMS.
- Sugar can slow down the ability of the adrenal glands to function
- Sugar can cause headaches, including migraines.
- Can make it difficult to lose weight because of constantly high insulin levels, which causes the body to store excess carbs as fat.
- Sugar increases bacterial fermentation in the colon.
- In juvenile rehabilitation camps, when children were put on a low sugar diet, there was a 44% drop in antisocial behavior.